South Africa has very many secondary schools which are called with different nomenclatures — colleges, grammar schools, high schools, unity schools, technical schools, commercial schools, academies etc — and are located all over the country. Some of them are government-owned, some are founded by religious missions and others are established by individuals.
With information obtained directly from the Department of Basic Education a list of the
Top 10 Secondary Schools in EASTERN CAPE, South Africa.
- Hudson Park High: is a one of the most popular co-educational public school in the suburb of Vincent in East London, South Africa.
TOP 5 ACHIEVERS IN THE MATRIC EXAMS
Tevendran Rajagopal 89,7% (6 A’s)
Thando Dyasi 88,7% (7 A’s)
Murray Calder 86,7% (6 A’s)
Jason Leonard 84,4% (5 A’s)
Anazo Mfenyana 82,3% (5 A’s)
- Stirling High: is a co-educational government school situated in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa offering Grades 8–12.Their address Stirling, East London, 5241, South Africa.Contact them on +27 43 735 1444
- Grey Boys: is a public school for boys located in the city of Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Pearson High: was founded in January 1926 as the PE Secondary School with just 35 students. The school moved to the Grey Institute buildings in 1927. The next year, the school was renamed Pearson High School after the Hon. William Pearson who served as the mayor of Port Elizabeth for 16 years.They are situated at 39 Jenvey Rd, Summerstrand, Port Elizabeth, 6001, South Africa.Contact them on +27 41 583 2111
- Claredon Girls High: is a girls’ secondary school situated in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa. It was founded in 1903 as East London Girls’ High School and their motto is ‘Fac et Spera; Work and Hope’.You can contact them on +27 43 722 4887
- Collegiate Girls High: was founded in 1874 and soon adopted a tradition of academic excellence and being the leading girls high school in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.You can contact them on Collegiate Girls High on +27 43 722 4887
- Queenstown Girls High: The red cross of St George represents bravery and the white field, purity and truth. The scarlet aloe is a proud symbol of the Border region.The are located at 18 Frost St, Eastern Cape, Queenstown, 5320, South Africa.Contact them on +27 45 839 4160
- Aliwal North High: is a public state secondary school situated in 86 Somerset St, Aliwal North, 9750, South Africa
- Victoria Girls High: “Passion, Integrity and Excellence” was established in 1892 by Bertha Mingay. The all-girl school initially was set up in Mingay’s residence, a cottage; she named it Acorn School and she only had 8 students. Now with with a 100% pass rate and 94% endorsement.They are located at 601 Beaufort St, Grahamstown, 6139, South Africa.Contact them on +27 46 636 1550
- Mpondombini Senior Secondary: s a public state secondary school located at Mnyaka, Bizana, Redoubt, 4801, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa