Department of Basic Education has come out with a list of the Top 10 Secondary Schools in South Africa By Province. The rankings were done based on statistics of the schools’ performances in the last five years, that is from 2012 to 2017. Key among the indicators used by Department of Basic Education was a list of all the schools that achieved a 100% pass rate for 2017.
Top 10 Best Schools in EASTERN CAPE, South Africa 2018
- Hudson Park High: is a one of the most popular co-educational public school in the suburb of Vincent in East London, South Africa
- Stirling High: is a co-educational government school situated in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa offering Grades 8–12
- Grey Boys: is a public school for boys located in the city of Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Pearson High: was founded in January 1926 as the PE Secondary School with just 35 students. The school moved to the Grey Institute buildings in 1927. The next year, the school was renamed Pearson High School after the Hon. William Pearson who served as the mayor of Port Elizabeth for 16 years.
- Claredon Girls High: is a girls’ secondary school situated in East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa. It was founded in 1903 as East London Girls’ High School
- Collegiate Girls High: was founded in 1874 and soon adopted a tradition of academic excellence and being the leading girls high school in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
- Queenstown Girls High: The red cross of St George represents bravery and the white field, purity and truth. The scarlet aloe is a proud symbol of the Border region.
- Aliwal North High: is situated in 86 Somerset St, Aliwal North, 9750, South Africa
- Victoria Girls High: “Passion, Integrity and Excellence” was established in 1892 by Bertha Mingay. The all-girl school initially was set up in Mingay’s residence, a cottage; she named it Acorn School and she only had 8 students. Now with with a 100% pass rate and 94% endorsement
- Mpondombini Senior Secondary: s a public state secondary school located at Mnyaka, Bizana, Redoubt, 4801, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa