To apply for South African Child Passport you also have to submit some documents. These documents help authorities to determine background of passport applicant. Thus it becomes very important for you to submit these documents. In this article you know documents required for South African Child Passport.
South African child passport documents
- Completed DHA 73 Passport application form
- Depending on cases you fill DHA 529 form as well
- Two Passport size photos
- Copy of South African birth certificate should be notarized
- And copy of South African passport
- Letter of permission in case parents are divorced (one parent has physical custody)
- In case of divorce of parents, child and parent (who has rights) should sign application form
- Consent of biological father is necessary when child borns out of wedlock
- When parent is deceased then death certificate and copy of death certificate is necessary
- When parent does not give consent or parent cannot be located then decision of Children Court will be upheld
Points to remember
Generally you submit two sets of application. Here one set is with original application forms along with documents. While other one is copy of completed set. Besides you must go in person to submit South African Passport form as Passport issuing authorities check all details. They only forward your application after verifying all details in Passport form.