South African Air Force-SAAF (Pilots / Navigators/ Engineers) Recruitment
Military Skills Development System – SAAF (South African Airforce Recruitment)
The Military Skills Development System(MSDS)is a Department of Defence initiative that has been implemented since 2003. The MSDS serves as the entry platform for young South Africans who seek a career in the South African National Defence Force.
Qualifications for Airforce Recruits
- Members with Commercial Pilots Licence (CPL) not older than 26 years of age with Level – 4
- Maths and Science required.
- 26 Years if in possession of a degree with Level – 4 Maths and Science
- 18–24 Years – Completed Grade 12 or Equivalent (University Entrance) Mathematics and Physical Science minimum Level – 4 (Essential);
- English Level-4 (Essential)
- Mathematics and Physical Science (N4 to N5 minimum-60%; N6 or 1st year the University of Technology or University minimum–50%)
- RSA Citizen (No dual citizenship)
- Not Area Bound
- No Criminal Record
- Physically Fit
- Medically Fit
- No Hearing Impairment (No hearing aid)
- Have 6/6-eye vision (No contact lenses or corrective lenses or surgery)
Download Application Form for SA Air Force (Pilots / Navigators/ Engineers) Traineeship Programme Form + Details
Apart from these general requirements, additional requirements might have to be met, depending on the specific training demands of some of the more specialized occupations.