SAMTRAC is a division of NOSA (www.nosa.co.za) a global leader in safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) products and services. SAMTRAC is one of the most sought after training certificates in the risk management industry.
- Must have Samtrac, Non-negotiable
- 4 – 6 months experience as an safety officer
- Salary negotiable.(13-17 000, negotiable)
- Must reside in Johannesburg.
- 9 months contract.
- Receives complaints and reports on safety concerns.
- compilation of safety file with experience on engineering sites.
- Investigates reports on dangerous working conditions.
- Forwards the report and recommendations to senior management for redress.
- Coordinates actions to remove any dangerous appliances or chemicals.
- Receives reports on workplace injuries, investigates the causes.
- Where there is a workplace injury at a construction site, she ensures the necessary documentation is completed.
- Visits construction sites to ensure implementation of the correct safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to investigate incident and accidents.
- Management of sub contractors.
- Issuing of documents to supervisors e.g. toolbox talks, DSTI`s and checklist
- Ensures there is no danger to the health or safety of workers or site visitors.
- Represents the construction company in meetings with clients SHE representative on matters regarding workplace health and safety.
- Liaises with these agencies for regular updates on legal regulations and program Initiatives on workplace safety and environmental issues.
Maintain and update all SHE files.