The SHEQ Officer is in charge of the safety, health environment, and quality assurance side of the business. The role supervises and coordinates work systems to ensure that the products or services of the company meet the highest quality standards and that the working conditions of the company are favourable and safe.
The SHEQ Officer coordinates and monitors the implementation of the Company’s Health and Safety policy. The position ensures that the Company and its Contractors comply with the requirements of legislation by monitoring contractor SHE compliance, attend and report at safety meetings and ensure statutory and regulatory compliance by conducting site audits.
- Responsible for ensuring that management measures and controls and documented procedures and records are in place to monitor the company’s Health and Safety performance
- Ensure that the goals and objectives in terms of Health and Safety objectives of the organisation are met.
- Responsible for ensuring that Health and Safety goals and objectives are aligned with the company’s objectives and policies
- Ensure quality processes and procedures are in accordance with SQAS and RTMS approvals
- Liaise with registration bodies, customers and suppliers as necessary to resolve problems
- Responsible for maintaining quality accreditations for SQAS and ensuring periodic audits are scheduled to ensure ongoing compliance
- Recognised Safety and Environmental Qualification (Degree level or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a Safety and Quality Management role in Freight Transportation Logistics industry
- Must have a successful track record of working with the SHEQ, auditors and professional bodies
- Experience in implementing Health and Safety in a freight transportation logistics environment that operates a warehouse and a mechanical workshop essential
- Exposure to and understanding of implementation of OHSAS 18001 / 14001, SQAS and RTMS
- Well experienced in Company standards and programs requirements in order to pass on knowledge and requirements to others.
- Must be willing to travel
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills & the ability to work collaboratively & cooperatively with internal & external contacts;