Most government departments offers csd registration forms in pdf format available for download. Consult your department of interest or you can search for “department name csd registration form pdf filetype:pdf” without quotes
Alternatively, you can register online by followings the process below;
To register on the Central Supplier Database or CSD (for short) you need to go to the website. Once you are on the website the registration process is fairly easy.
Here is some important information that you will have to have on hand to register quick and easy:
- Company name (you have the option to register as a company or any other legal entity or as an individual or partnership);
- Company or Legal Entity registration number;
- Income Tax reference number;
- VAT number;
- Bank details that will be used in your business;
- Physical as well as a Postal address (especially if the postal address differs from your physical address;
- Your business’ commodities and a good description thereof.
An interesting feature of the CSD website and the registration process is that once you have completed each section it links up with other Government departments such as SARS (South African Revenue Services) and CIPC (Companies and Intellectual Property Commission) as well as the commercial Banks in South Africa. This means that:
- Once you have inserted your Income Tax reference number it shows your tax status as well as your Tax Clearance Certificate information; and
- It retrieves all your directors’ information from CIPC; and
- It confirms that your bank account is a valid bank account.
At the end of the day the registration process is actually very easy and not very time consuming.