It’s not cheap to have kids in SA. The time you’ll take off work to care for your newborn might be yet another unexpected expense you’ll have to recover in some way. But that’s where maternity benefits come in. You just have to know when and how to claim it!
New moms will have to go to their nearest labour centre in order to submit the documentation before they can receive maternity benefits.
You can expect compensation of between 38% and 58% of your gross monthly salary when applying for your UIF Maternity Benefits.
New moms are entitled to between one and four month’s salary for every six months they have worked.
- Who Can Claim UIF Maternity Benefit
- What benefits do you receive from the UIF?
- Documents you’ll need to claim UIF Maternity Benefits
- How to Lodge a Claim For UIF Maternity Benefit
- How Much UIF Maternity Benefit Can You Claim?
- Where to Claim Maternity Benefits in South Africa