Qualifications needed to study with Unisa
It varies from course to course – so for example, a law degree could demand a higher standard of educational qualifications – but there are a few common denominators across the board.
Matric certificates are required, plus applicants will be required to have a qualification in the language they were taught – as in, their mother tongue – and also in mathematics. You can find more details about the courses required for your qualification level on the Unisa website.
Documents required for Unisa’s online application
For the Unisa Online Application, only upload the required documents as individual files and not a complete set of documents as one file.
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- Files must not be larger than 2MB (2048KB) each.
- Only black and white documents may be submitted.
- Only the following file types are allowed: PDF (Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format file), DOC (Word document file) or TIF (image file)