University of Limpopo UL Admission Requirements
UL Admission Requirements – University Of Limpopo
Requirements / APS
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) will be issued for the first time to South African matriculants at the end of 2008. Prospective students, with an NSC, who wish to gain entry to any undergraduate programme at the University of Limpopo in 2009, should comply with the following:
- Life Orientation with an achievement level of at least three ( 3) .
- Aligned with the language policy of the university, English as a language of learning and teaching with an achievement level of at least three ( 3) .
- The required minimum levels of achievement in specific subjects as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty, provided that:
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of four (4) for degree programmes and
- Four 20-credit subjects were achieved with a minimum NSC achievement level of three (3) for diploma programmes.
- The required Admission Point Score (APS) as stipulated in the Calendars of each Faculty. Meeting the minimum APS for a particular programme does not, however, guarantee admission.
Students, who successfully completed Grade 12 before 2008, can apply for admission to the University with the normal Grade 12 Senior Certificate with full university exemption by converting their grade symbols to an APS.