Do you fancy working for the South Africa’s Parliament of South Africa? Attached is a list of opportunities to apply for, so if you are in the marketplace for new work, take a look here at the current job vacancies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for rendering information services and research support to clients.
Key Performance Areas Include:
- Planning and administration
- Professional learning & development
- Content provision information and knowledge
- Content promotion and distribution
- Content evaluation & development
- Information literacy.
- A Degree in Library Science or Post Graduate Diploma in Library Science and 3 years’ experience in a specialised library or research environment.
- Knowledge of Integrated Library Management Systems (Symphony)
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Client focus and excellent customer care skills
- Knowledge of research process
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organisational skills.
PLEASE NOTE: The name and reference number of the post/s applied for must always be clearly indicated in all correspondence. Candidates who do not submit the supporting documentation as requested, will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be subjected to a positive security clearance by the South African Police Services and /or State Security Agency (SSA), citizenship and qualification checks and competency-based assessments.
Parliament reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive any response within two months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be with the interviewed candidates.