Ongoing Job Vacancy Recruitment for Ecological Technician at Eastern Cape Parks & Tourism Agency. Reporting to the Ecologist, the Ecological Technician will support the Ecologist in conducting research and monitoring on reserves, and will provide ecological support to reserve staff.
- A degree or diploma in Nature Conservation or the Biological Sciences, and a minimum of 1 (one) years’ experience in an ecological role within a conservation organization.
- A valid code EB driver’s license – prior off-road driving experience would be an advantage.
- GIS skills and data analysis and management capabilities
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write reports.
- Willingness to work independently in remote and inaccessible areas.
Key Performance Areas
- Research/data collection: Support internal and external research projects conducted on reserves, including planning field trips, conducting field work and collecting and maintaining data.
- Monitoring: Conduct monitoring of key species and ecological processes, according to established monitoring frameworks.
- Reserve Support: Provide technical support to Regional and Reserve management.
- Administration: Maintain vehicles, field equipment (e.g. GPS and data capturing devices) and research facilities.