Reporting to the Senior Process Quality Technician the successful candidate will be responsible for auditing water quality data as well as chemical dosages and stocks in order to give timely advice to water purification teams at Vereeniging Pumping Station.
- Grade 12 or equivalent coupled with a 2 year tertiary qualification in a potable water purification discipline.
- 2 years working experience in potable water purification industry is essential.
- Computer literate in MS Word/MS Excel.
- A valid Code B driver’s license.
- A 3 Year tertiary qualification in water purification, experience in a quality control environment and knowledge of Lab ware will serve as an added advantage.
The critical functions will include:
• Identify and conduct investigations on process problems as well as identify problems and complete investigations within agreed time on shift.
• Identify and conduct investigations on plant optimizations as per Rand Water production standards.
• Identify and recommend solutions for water quality problems as per Rand Water production standards
• Issue non – conformance Audit reports and recommends corrective actions. Advise info given within agreed time frame per shift.
• Audit water analysis data measured by Operations as well as online instruments. Maintenance of accuracy of data and timely issue of reports.
• Audit chemical stock & dosing on shift & compile and issue a chemical audit report on a daily basis. Daily reporting of the stock taken & dosing as well as accurate reporting on a daily basis.
• Ensure daily calibration of instrumentation is maintained according to prescribed procedures as well as accuracy of instrumentation and daily calibration records per shift.
• Advise on determination of short term purification strategies. Put measures in place and ensuring good quality water is supplied as per Rand Water requirements.
• Maintain ISO 9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS 18001.
• Participation in sectional Workplace meetings.
• Continuous running of the shift laboratory.
• Assist with the control of expenditure of the section operational budget. Ensuring no deviations from budget e.g. Overdosing is identified and conduct investigations where necessary.