Driving Jobs In South Africa : Latest Code 14 Driver Job Opportunities in South Africa. Code 14 allows you to drive a vehicle over 16 000 Kg, with a trailer over 750 Kg. Licence also includes a permit to drive code 8, 10 and EB vehicles. A learner’s license is required to take the test.
A person working as a Truck Driver in South Africa typically earns around 20,500 ZAR per month. Salaries range from 10,000 ZAR (lowest) to 31,900 ZAR (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
An opportunity has become available for a high caliber code 14 Driver who will be based at our Worcester Contract. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare vehicle for trip and operate Ultra heavy duty vehicles
- Load, Transport and offloading of vehicles.
- Handle required documentation and perform ancillary duties
- All other reasonable instructions from Supervisor
- Prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Safe driving record and clean criminal record
- Housekeeping of vehicles, uniform and PPE
- Adhere to promote SOP’s and Safety Procedures Successfully undergo / complete the following:
- Medical evaluation
- USCS training modules
- Induction processes
- Practical driving evaluation
- Verification of clean criminal record
- Grade 12
- Code EC driver’s license with valid PrDP
- 3 years experience driving a Ultra Heavy Vehicle
- Must be prepared to work weekends and public holidays
- Defensive driving techniques
- Function and location of vehicle components
- Reporting procedure of emergencies and defects
- Vehicle inspections and operating a fire extinguisher
- Maximizing vehicle cost-effectiveness and efficiency
- Vehicle loading techniques
- Own reliable transport