Department of Correctional Services Secretary Job Vacancies For 2020. The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa (Act No. 108 of 1996) lays the basis for the mandate of the Department of Correctional Services. The Constitution compels the Department to comply with the following sections in terms of the treatment of offenders: equality, human dignity, freedom, and security.
Directorates: Pre-Release Resettlement Ref No: HO 2020/01/35
Information Management Ref No: HO 2020/01/36
Psychological Services Ref No: HO 2020/01/37
Collective Bargaining Ref No: HO 2020/01/38
Specialised Audit Ref No: HO 2020/01/39
Legal Contract Management Ref No: HO 2020/01/40
Office of the DC HR Management Ref No: HO 2020/01/41
- Grade 12 with typing as a subject or any other training course or qualification that will enable the person to perform the
- work satisfactorily.
- Computer literate.
- Competencies and Attributes: Honesty and integrity.
- Attention to detail. Plan and organize. Punctuality and confidentiality.
- Service delivery and client orientation.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate and organize work related tasks.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- High level of reliability.
- Ability to act with tact and discretion.
Applications must be sent in time to the correct address as indicated at the bottom of each position, to reach the address on or before the closing date. Applications send to a wrong address and/or received after the closing date or those that do not comply with the requirements, will not be taken into consideration. In the event of hand-delivery of applications, applicants must sign an application register as proof of application.
Applications must be submitted on the Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable from any Public Service department or at www.gov.za and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, including the details of at least two contactable referees (should be people who recently worked with the applicant) and certified copies of qualifications and identity document (with an original certification stamp).
It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of foreign qualifications to submit evaluated results by the South African Qualifications Authority. Where a valid driver’s license is a requirement, applicants must attach certified copies of such licenses. No faxes or e-mailed applications will be considered.