Ongoing Job Vacancy Recruitment For Service Monitoring Agent At Road Accident Fund
Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to Team Lead: ICT Service Desk and Monitoring, the successful incumbent will be responsible for incident management, request fulfillment, event management and monitoring of the assigned critical applications and infrastructure using various monitoring tools and techniques.
Key Performance Areas
- Configure and manage performance thresholds on assigned infrastructure components.
- Assess the true states of systems instantly and receive alerts at certain thresholds so that they can be actioned.
- Monitor the health of assigned IT Services and Systems.
- Logging, tracking, escalating, communicating and closing of critical alerts and incidents.
- Incidents detection and recording, initial user support, investigation and diagnosis, resolution and recovery of service, Incident closure, incident ownership, monitoring and communication.
- Provide 1st line support in different categories telephonically, by email or through remote technical assistance.
- Confirm incidents/ request reported by Users as resolved and action the call based on the Users response.
- Ensure that information captured from 2nd line is relevant to call/ problems logged.
- Maintain a knowledge Library of problems and incidents resolved.
- Generate regular reports on problems reported and documented solutions developed.
- Report on service provided by external service providers to aid in management of SLA.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 6 (Diploma or Advanced Certificate) in Information Technology related qualification.
- Certification in ITIL V3 Foundation will be an added advantage.
- Relevant 3 years’ experience in a related environment.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Personal mastery.
- Emotional wisdom.
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus.
- Understanding of systems monitoring concepts and management.
- Ability to collate and interpret data from various monitoring tools.
- Good technical documentation skills.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Communication skills
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R349 998.00 per annum, negotiable.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no additional contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in a manner that will suit their needs”.