South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) Job Vacancies
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) contributes to South Africa’s sustainable development by facilitating access to biodiversity data, generating information and knowledge, building capacity, providing policy advice and showcasing and conserving biodiversity in its national botanical and zoological gardens.
South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) invites applicants to apply for vacant job posts (Vacancies)
The position requires the successful candidate to be in possession of • Grade 12 • minimum of two years’ experience in asset management • a working knowledge of PFMA and GRAP with accounting background • planning, problem-solving and decision making skills • written and oral communication skills with a strong command of the English language • respect for strict compliance and confidentiality. Be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) Code B driver’s license with one year’s practical driving experience.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and updating of fixed asset policies and procedures
- Asset field work
- Data entry
- Record keeping
SANBI offers an all-inclusive annual salary of R251 474.46 .
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, address and telephone number and if possible e-mail address of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.