South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) Job Vacancies
All Inclusive Salary package (R): R541 972 Per Annum
Benefits: The successful candidate will qualify for a 13th cheque, housing, medical aid and pension allowance in the total package.
Contract Type: Permanent
Objective: A vacancy exists within the Directorate: Information Technology for a person who will manage and maintain data within the internal databases in SAQA.
- The most eligible candidate must have a relevant qualification at NQF Level 6 or equivalent in the Information Technology field of study.
- Three years proven practical experience in a multi-platform IT environment is required.
- Also required is a technical knowledge of database systems (Microsoft, Oracle and MySQL) and a sound knowledge of database principles and practices.
- Furthermore he/she must have the ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
The main duties :
Database administration and maintenance
– Creation of physical tables from logical models
– Ensuring and monitoring performance, integrity and security of databases.
– Carry out capacity planning
– Identifying problem areas and implementing solutions according to set specifications and accepted standardsProviding/installing system(s) as and when required by user in terms of policy and procedures.
SAQA will verify credit and criminal records as well as qualifications.
SAQA reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post and will only communicate with short listed candidates.