Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) Job Vacancy Opportunities
Stats SA strives to excel in the following five competencies:
- Intellectual capability to lead the scientific work of statistics
- Technological competence for purposes of large-scale processing and for complex computations and accessibility of information to the public
- Logistical competence for deployment of (forward and reverse) logistics of large-scale field operations and for strategic choices regarding operational efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Political competence in understanding the political environment without being political or politicised (commitment of delivery without fear of favour)
- Administrative competence: the ability to bring it all together.
Register on our database for contract employment opportunities
Stats SA undertakes various surveys and projects, for example, Census, Community Survey, Labour Force Survey, General Household Survey, amongst others. From time to time these surveys and projects require that contract staff be employed. You are invited to register online for inclusion on the database used to identify potential candidates for these contract positions.
As the Census and Community Survey is conducted in every area of the country, people of every racial group and from all areas are encouraged to apply.
Location: Contract employment opportunities exist in different provinces and districts nationwide.
Contract: An employment contract stipulating duration, job content, remuneration and other conditions, will be provided when opportunities for such contract employment arise.
Working tools: Those that will be employed and are issued with work tools, will be paid after the tools havebeen returned.
Area of work: Opportunities for contract employment usually arise as outlined below –DutiesRequired skills / competencies
The applicant must:
- have a minimum of a Senior Certificate (Matric or equivalent).2/28/2019 Statistics South Africa (Stats SA) Vacancy Opportunities | Careers
- be proficient in English and/or Afrikaans plus any other official language.
- be willing to work over weekends and outside of normal office hours.
- be an RSA citizen with no criminal record.